To arrange an interview and for any other media inquiries, please contact:
Public Relations Specialist
Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care:
- Serves more than 2,000 families a year.
- Is the largest and most comprehensive hospice in the region.
- Is a nonprofit organization founded in 1980.
- Provides services to all in need, regardless of patients' financial circumstances.
- Has more than 250 employees and more than 400 volunteers.
- Serves nine countiesóJohnson, Wyandotte and Leavenworth Counties in Kansas, and Jackson, Platte, Clay, Cass, Western Ray and Lafayette Counties in Missouri.
- Serves patients of all ages.
Read recent Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care news.
Experts on our staff who are available for interviews include physicians, nurses, social workers, chaplains, grief specialists and educators who have specialized knowledge in various aspects of end-of-life care, hospice and palliative care. They can speak on a variety of topics including:
- End-of-life care
- Pain and symptom management
- Advance directives
- Emotional or spiritual issues associated with life-threatening illness
- Communication about treatment options
- Grief and loss
- Coping with the challenges associated with illness, aging and caregiving
- Talking to children about serious illness and death, and the grief process for children
- The use of art and music to help people of all ages express and explore their emotions
- The unique needs of seriously ill children and their families
Learn more about the options for care we offer.